BVMBA Monthly Meeting Minutes June 1, 2015
Attendance: Amy, Beth, James, Mike, Fred, Jason, Jack, Christopher, Kerry and Gina
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Grant: BVMBA was awarded $20,000 to maintain and develop additional trails at Lake Bryan (the grant had a stipulation that the land had to be open to the public, which is why the grant wasn’t written for the Millican Reserve property). A committee is needed to administer the grant. The committee will be responsible for completing quarterly reports, planning and making purchasing decisions. Mike, Fred, Gina and James have volunteered. If you are interested in being on the committee, please email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Millican Reserve has finalized the development plans so the next phase of trail building is about to begin. James will be meeting with Johnny this Thursday to determine the next phase of trails. The trail committee will be called into action once we have more details from the meeting.
- Trail status at Lake Bryan: the weather has taken a toll on the trails so we need to get out on the East Loop to start clean-up. This Thursday’s social ride at Lake Bryan will be a walkthrough of the east loop to determine what needs to be done as well as some light clean-up. Please meet at the boat dock parking lot at 6pm. Bring gloves, loppers and water. Members are encouraged to get out on the trails for trail maintenance at any time. Please report progress to the BVMBA listserv so everyone knows which areas have been tackled.
- Trail status at Millican Reserve: The bridges and water crossings need to be repaired as well as mowing and general clean-up. Our monthly trail maintenance will be at Millican Reserve this Saturday. Meet in the parking lot at 8am. Bring loppers, gloves and water. If trails can be ridden, there will be a post trail maintenance ride, so bring your bike.
- The winter time trail prizes will be conducted at the Brazos Valley Mountain Bike Festival on June 13, 2015.
- Housing plans are being finalized for the BVMBA bike trip to Colorado scheduled for September 12-20, 2015. If you are interested in participating in this trip, please see the trip flyer posted on the BVMBA website for all the details. If you have questions about the trip, please post them on the listserv.
Update: April group trip will need to be converted to a day trip to another venue due to a conflict with the RPR Adventure Race schedule on April 25-26. Under consideration are Reimer’s Ranch and Double Lake. Please express your preference via newsgroup.
Attendees: Kerry, Chris, Gina, Amy, Rachel, Beth, Luke, John, Mike, Justin, Jason, Travis, James, Collin, Dana, Joel, Jonathan, Victor, Fred, Manny, Ryan
- Trail Maintenance switched to Lake Bryan. Starts at 9am this Saturday (12/6) near the boat ramp.
- Collin and Kerry presented their Colorado trip plans for Sept 2014. All are welcome to join some or all of the trip. Need advanced (April, I think) notice so a house can be rented. Contact Collin Clark for more details.
- We will work to amend the bylaws to allow TAMU Mt. Bike team and other group to be affiliated members so they can ride at Millican. Beth will work on first draft.
- Voted to donate $500 to the high school mt. bike team.
- Jonathan gave a brief report on the club finances.
- New officers were elected
Luke – President
Beth – Vice President
Amy – Secretary
- Weekly Rides
6:30 Tuesday – Social at Millican
6:30 Wednesday – Social at Lake Bryan
6:30 Thursday – Time trials at Millican
- James and Beth rode at the cranksgiving event
- Victor rode the Reveille Peak 100k race and placed 3rd overall
- Rachel is moving away next month :(
- Christmas light bike ride December 11. Unfortunately, the same night as time trials.
Join us on this fantastic trip to Colorado!!!
Attendees: Jonathan, Carolyn, Victor, Luke, Jill, Gina, Beth, Fred, James, Jason, Mike Millican Reserve: There will be hunting at Millican Reserve in coming months. Do not go past phase 4 and further into the reserve. There were some trespassers on dirt bikes found on the property last night and they claimed to be from BVMBA. They were not members. As a reminder no motorized vehicles are allowed on the property and everyone riding must have signed a waiver and be a BVMBA member. Social Rides: Social rides will be moved back to 6.30 pm. Tuesdays we will ride at Millican, Wednesdays at Lake Bryan and Thursdays will be time trials at Millican. We are having some problems with the Yahoo Group calendar at the moment so it will not be updated right away. TAMU cycling team and Roadrunners have approached the Millican Reserve to use the trails system. We will coordinate with them and The Millican Reserve in the future. Club members expressed the wish that other partner organizations who use the trails are involved in trail maintenance. Time trials: Weather permitting winter time trails will start this Thursday (6th November) at 6.30pm possibly with a preride. They will be held at Millican. Joel has a course planned but timers are needed. The summer TT awards will take place after the TT this week. Members are encouraged to bring some food to share. Trail Maintenance: We will work at Lake Bryan starting at 9am working on the reroute, Game Trail, and Ratmaze. Holiday Lights Ride: This ride will take place on Monday 15th December. Further details will be announced shortly. Millican Reserve Pumpkin Palouza: several club members attended this event and represented the club. Four new families joined the club. We discussed the need for a BVMA banner at future events. BVMBA Officer Nominations: Luke was nominated for President, Beth for VP, and Amy for treasurer. Elections will take place at the next meeting.